Sunday, May 07, 2006

Hello everyone,

Welcome to my first ever blogger site.

First of all I would like to wish my wife, Azmah, a happy mother's day, which would fall on the 14th of May. Happy Mother's day is also dedicated to my eldest daughter, Eliza, who had just became a mother on the 1st of April, 2006. Her son, named Adam Faiz, was eager to come out and see the world. He was delivered by caesarian section when he only completed 28 weeks in his mum's womb. As is always the case, he has to be supplied with artificial life support system for the first several days while he was kept in his incubator in the ICU. Alhamdulilah lately he has shown encouraging developments. Although he is still in the incubator, he is no longer in the ICU. His doctors has decided that he no longer needs the artificial support system, and he is feeding on his mothers milk through the feeding tubes. Let us pray and doa that everything will go fine with Adam. Our thoughts are always with Adam, Eliza, and Imran (Adam's father and my son-in-law)

And of course, I am now upgraded to a grandfather. In Malaysia, we granddads are given the title of "Datuk". Many other people can also earn and are awarded the same title by our KIng The Yang Pertuan Agong or by the Sultans and Heads States through the recognition of their contribution to the country, state, or society.

I would like to invite you to make any kind of contribution to this site to make it more lively. Please share you wisdom, memoirs, travel stories, jokes, news, etc.

I am looking forward to active participation from my friends, such as Dr. Kamal Shah, Dave and Dee, and many other members of SERVAS who had contributed so much to our previous SERVAS-SEA mailing list.

With best wishes and hope to see you on line.

Cheers,
From Abdullah CT.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Abdullah,

Congratulations for your great first blog.
Since you are learning the internet, it would be nice if you could create and revive the web pages for Servas South-east Asia providing links to each countries and key persons....
I am sure that such initiative would be highly welcomed and appreciated.
Cheers
Alex
Servas France/Paris

Anonymous said...

Well done Abdullah! I love your family and know what terrific people you are. Congratulations, datuk on becoming a grandparent. Adam is indeed lucky to have such wonderful grandparents.

I shall always remember the time I spent in Kota Bharu in 2004, your generosity and the time we spent at the restaurant and festivities centred around the sultan's anniversary. I hope some day to revisit just to see you.

In the meanwhile enjoy your new status. Good health and happiness!

Jason

Anonymous said...

Congratulation for your first ever blog. You does impress me by showing high enthusiasm and commitment by doing this blogging thing. Hope it will benefit others from your writing.

Congratulation too to Eliza and family. Send my warmest regard to her. Welcome to the sleepless night! We will pray hard for Adam growth and improvement. Also pray for Eliza a fast recovery. Insyallah.

Regards

Unknown said...

Thank you very much Alex, Jason and Irwan for your comments and words of encouragement.

I trust Eliza and Imran will read Irwan's comments on this blog.

Hope to see both Jason and Alex sometime not in the too distant future. Thank you Jason for your kind words.